CIGRE (French: Conseil International des Grands Réseaux Électriques, English: International Council on Large Electric Systems) was founded in 1921 as an international non-profit association for promoting collaboration on a national and international level.
CIGRE calls on international experts to exchange knowledge, share best practices and join forces for the Power System of Today and Tomorrow.
CIGRE covers issues related to planning and operation of power systems, as well as design, construction, maintenance and disposal of HV equipment and plants are at the core of CIGRE's mission. Other issues related to protection of power systems, telecontrol, telecommunication equipment and information systems are also part of CIGRE's area of concern.
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- TOSHIBA Energy Systems & Solutions Corporation
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Nynas Pte Ltd.
- Electric Power Development Co., Ltd.
- TE Connectivity Ltd.
- ABB Ltd.
- Chubu Electric Power Co., Inc.
- Tokyo Rope International INC.
- Hokkaido Electric Power Co., Inc.
- Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
- Furukawa Electric Co.,Ltd.
- HIGHVOLT Prüftechnik Dresden GmbH
- RTDS® Technologies Inc.
- Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry
- Dulhunty Works