At the end of April 2019 an International Conference on will be held in beautiful Hakodate, Japan, which is not to be missed! This is already the 5th Conference on this subject, previous ones being held in Beijing, New Delhi and Montreal. The steadily increasing number of participants, documents not only the high quality of the Conference, but also the increased interest in UHV and EHV issues because of the need of mega transmission corridors for the wheeling of large amounts of power from renewables. The importance of the Conference is well documented by the fact that no less than 8 (out of 16) CIGRE Study Committees will be present together with a strong representation from IEC. And if not enough, the Conference venue, the city of Hakodate, located at the southernmost tip of the island of Hokkaido, the northern island, rejoices in breath-taking views, delicious fresh seafood and a magnificent natural environment. In this sense, I would like herewith invite you to join, whether as author or delegate, meet your peers from
all over the world and enjoy the unparalleled Japanese hospitality.
See you in April in Hakodate!
Dr. Konstantin O. Papailiou
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- TOSHIBA Energy Systems & Solutions Corporation
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Nynas Pte Ltd.
- Electric Power Development Co., Ltd.
- TE Connectivity Ltd.
- ABB Ltd.
- Chubu Electric Power Co., Inc.
- Tokyo Rope International INC.
- Hokkaido Electric Power Co., Inc.
- Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
- Furukawa Electric Co.,Ltd.
- HIGHVOLT Prüftechnik Dresden GmbH
- RTDS® Technologies Inc.
- Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry
- Dulhunty Works